YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 23 November 2012

Christmas Sparkle Nails - Barry M Competition

So my friend pointed out this Barry M nail art competition on ASOS and I thought I would give it a go. Now I know I will never win, even if I was the only entrant, but it was my first ever nail art competition and I had fun doing it which is all that matters right?




I started with my base coat of OPI Nail Envy* and followed this with 3 coats, yes you did read that right, of Barry M Bright Red on 4 of my nails. My accent nails is the super glitterific Amethyst Glitter, also from Barry M. Now I was looking for something super Christmassy to stamp and I had settled on a cute wee gingerbread man but he just wouldn't stamp properly. :( So I ended up using stars from plate VL-002 from Vivid Lacquer and it just stamped brilliantly, so clear. The stars were stamped using Barry M Nail Effects in Gold Foil and all nails received the obligatory coat of Seche Vite.

Et voila!



Not sure if I'm keen on the colours I used. Don't think the gold looks good with red and also with the colour of glitter, which is going to be a nightmare to get off, but all in all it's not bad.

Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment