YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 30 December 2012

Nails Inspired by Boo

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and got lots of nice things. I shall try to take some pictures of the polishes I got but I don't know if I'll manage it as I got a grand total of 57 polishes.

Anyway I had an idea for a mani but it didn't turn out they way I had imagined it. I wanted to do nails based on this wee guy.



Now for anyone who doesn't know this wee guy, where on earth have you been?! Just kidding! this wee fella is called Boo and he is officially the World's Cutest Dog. He is a pomeranian but his owners have cut in his fur so he resembles a wee bear. Awww! 


So guess what I got for my Christmas, no not a real one unfortunately but the next best thing.


Don't they look so similar? I just need someone with magical powers to make him real for me. Anyone? Anyone?

Onto the nails, I had initially wanted to do a gradient with colours similar to Boo's fur but I am absolutely atrocious at doing gradients and it just ended up looking horrible so I scrapped that idea and this is what I done instead.





And here is what I used:

No7 So Smooth Base Coat*
Barry M in Matte White
Technic in Nude
W7 Black(?)
Seche Vite
BM-306

Now I've listed the white polish as it's under the nude but I only had this on as it was to be one of my gradient colours and I couldn't be bothered removing it when it didn't work.

I am really pleased with the nude, it's not a colour I would normally go for but I actually really like it. It's a cheaper make of polish that I've seen in Bodycare before but never tried and I got a set of 16 of them for my Christmas. Since it was a cheaper make I wasn't expecting a lot but it did deliver, plus they're cruelty free which I was not expecting at all.

Robyn x

I will wish you all a Happy New Year just now as I probably won't be doing any new year nails. I am working 5 days as normal this week, including new year's day at 5am, so I doubt I shall have any time for any fun sparkly nails. I hope you all have a nice time whatever you get up to. Stay safe and I shall see you all in 2013.








3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Boo but agree that he is totally cute - provided you can't hear his yippy little bark I'm sure :)
    I actually love nudes and your mani looks great.. oh and did you say FIFTY-SEVEN POLISHES for Christmas!!! I'm trading gifts with yours next year.. I got some glitters from my kiddies and that was it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Yeah 57! I was a bit embarrassed when I counted them as it's now obvious to all about my addiction!

    ReplyDelete